Fundamentals of Graphics Design
- Gain a clear understanding of how to work with BOTH print and web projects in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Develop the skills and confidence to create common graphic design projects.
- Build a skill set that can set you up to be employable in the creative industry as a graphic designer.
- Begin to understand the basics of logo design, including typography and color usage.
- Learn how to make and refine selections using Photoshop.
- Learn how to make composite images using Photoshop.
- Work with typography, shapes, colors, and more in Illustrator.
- Learn how to efficiently package and export files.
- Learn how to lay out graphics and text while designing an eBook with InDesign.
- Discover how to export your finished portfolio projects directly from the Adobe CC into Behance.
- Learn how to mask shapes and work with Font Awesome icons.
- Learn how to set up a logo mood board and how to present your work to clients.
- Work with the type tools in Adobe Illustrator.
Welcome to the Fundamentals of Graphics Design!
Do you like to learn in a project-based environment?
Do you want to learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign?
Do you want to tackle BOTH print and web design projects?
You’re in the right place! This course is for anyone who is interested in becoming a graphic designer, and especially geared towards beginners. When you enroll in this course, you will have access to over 15 hours of on-demand content, as well as the opportunity to join a private Facebook group with over 13,000 members.
I move quickly through the content, since many students enjoy a quick learning pace. Prefer a more laid-back pace? Many students find that re-watching lectures or pausing the lectures during key learning points is a helpful way to digest the information.
I also make use of shortcuts – something that all great designers learn how to do to increase their productivity and maximize their workflow – so once you enroll, be sure to download the course shortcut hotsheet: a PDF listing many of the most-used shortcut codes so that you can follow along easily and get ahead quickly.
In this course I’ll also show you how to make some of the most popular projects in the industry, like:
· custom logos
· business cards
· web graphics
· and more.